Before you start an alkaline vegan diet, we recommend you take a look at our article How do I start an alkaline vegan diet? You will find all the information you are looking for. Today, we would like to share with you an alkaline vegan diet food list.
The alkaline diet, which gained popularity in 2014, tries to control the body’s acid-alkaline balance. An alkaline diet holds that blood hyperacidity is the most harmful condition for the body. The primary cause of all illnesses and the buildup of belly fat is the inability of the body to eliminate the excess acid load.Stress and the environment are two factors that increase the body’s acid load and make a person more susceptible to illness. Let`s take a look at our alkaline vegan diet food list.
What are alkaline foods?
Fruit, along with vegetables, is the basis for an alkaline diet. Apples, berries, apricots, currants, grapes, raisins, and pears are particularly recommended. They contain high amounts of the alkaline minerals magnesium and potassium.
1. Fruit – Grapes, pineapples, nectarines
2. Vegetables – carrots, sweet potatoes, raw tomatoes, cucumbers, spinach, broccoli
3. Herbs – basil, peppermint, cinnamon, parsley
4. Drinks – water (with and without lemon juice), homemade smoothies, herbal tea
5. Mushrooms – button mushrooms, oyster mushrooms, shiitake
6. Salads – dandelion, lettuce, watercress
7. Nuts – Almonds, chestnuts, walnuts
8. Sprouts – Alfalfa sprouts, mongoose sprouts, radish sprouts
9. Sprouts – spelled sprouts, barley sprouts, wheat sprouts
Stay away from these foods.
Meat, fish, and seafood from conventional farming have a negative effect on an alkaline diet. This also applies to sausage products, ham, and meat broth. Dairy products promote acid formation in the body. They are also on the exclusion list. The only exceptions are butter, ghee (purified butter), and organic cream. Finished products, gluten-containing and grain products made from white flour also remain on the supermarket shelf – as do sugar and sweeteners, soy products, and ice cream. Avoid carbonated drinks, alcohol, coffee, tea (except herbal tea), and ready and soft drinks! These foods stimulate strong acid formation when they are metabolized.
For more detailed information take a look at our article How do I start an alkaline vegan diet?
- Is Djokovic vegan?
- Vegan Lentil Curry
- Stuffed Eggplant Recipe
- Lentil “Meatballs” Recipe
- Vegan Stuffed Grape Leaves