The popularity of veganism and plant-based diets appears to be increasing, as more people become aware of the health, environmental, and ethical benefits of these dietary choices. So how many vegans live in the US?
Percentage of vegans in the US
There is no official registry or data collection method to track the number of vegans in the country. However, according to a 2020 Gallup poll, about 5% of Americans identify as vegans, which translates to approximately 16 million people. This number is up from 2% in 2012, indicating that the vegan population in the US is growing. Additionally, there may be many more individuals who follow a vegan diet or lifestyle but do not necessarily identify as vegans.
- According to Plant Protein’s sources, 6% of US consumers are vegan.
- According to global market research firm Ipsos, there are currently over 9.7 million American vegans
- 11 000 people aged 17 and older were recently surveyed and the results showed that 2% of Americans are vegetarians.
How many vegans live in the UK?
According to The Vegan Society, there were an estimated 600,000 vegans in the UK in 2018. However, more recent data suggests that the number has increased significantly in recent years. A 2020 survey conducted by Finder UK found that the number of vegans in the UK had increased to 1.1 million, which is equivalent to 2% of the population. This represents a significant increase from previous years and suggests that veganism continues to grow in popularity in the UK.
Percentage of vegans in the world
It is difficult to estimate the exact percentage of vegans in the world, as there is no official registry or data collection method to track the number of vegans globally. However, according to a 2020 survey by The Good Food Institute and the Plant Based Foods Association, the global plant-based meat market grew by 18% in 2020, which suggests that the popularity of plant-based diets and veganism is on the rise.
Additionally, a 2019 survey by Ipsos MORI found that 6% of people in 28 countries around the world identify as vegan. This number varied significantly by country, with India having the highest percentage of vegans at 31%, and the United States having the lowest at 3%.
It’s worth noting that the percentage of people following plant-based or vegan diets is likely higher than these estimates suggest, as many people may follow plant-based diets without identifying as vegan or vegetarian.
- What is chao cheese?
- Does Taco Bell Use Eggs In Their Wraps?
- Are Taco Bell tortillas vegan?
- Is Zac Efron vegan?
- Is Jenna Ortega vegan?
- Are Crayola Makers vegan?
- How to start a vegetarian diet? | The Ultimate Beginner’s Guide
- Are vegan Doc Martens waterproof?
- Why do vegetarians fart more?
- How do vegetarians get amino acids?
- How do vegans deal with pests?
- Is E120 vegan?