Runner Bean Recipe | Turkish Green (Fasulye) Bean Recipe
This vegan Turkish green bean recipe is one of my favourite vegan and vegetarian stew recipes.
Last year I was at a Turkish restaurant in Berlin, Germany and saw this runner bean recipe on the menu. As I love the stews of the Turkish cuisine, I had to try this one. Since that day, this dish has been one of my favourite vegan und vegetarian stew recipes. It’s very easy to make and a super delicious summer recipe. If you follow the steps described below, I assure you that you will like it.
Ingredients (2 servings)
- 400 gr runner beans
- 2 medium tomatos, peeled and chopped
- 2 medium onion, chopped
- 2 medium carrot, peeled and diced
- 2 medium potatos, peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon tomate paste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 250 ml HOT water
- 5 tablespoon olive oil or sunflower oil
Check out my blog or my vegan and vegetarian recipes:
- What is chao cheese?
- Does Taco Bell Use Eggs In Their Wraps?
- Are Taco Bell tortillas vegan?
- Is Zac Efron vegan?
- Is Jenna Ortega vegan?
- Are Crayola Makers vegan?
- How to start a vegetarian diet? | The Ultimate Beginner’s Guide
- Are vegan Doc Martens waterproof?
- Why do vegetarians fart more?
- How do vegetarians get amino acids?
- How do vegans deal with pests?
- Is E120 vegan?
Turkish Green Bean (Fasulye) Recipe
- 400 g Runner beans Fresh
- 2 pieces Tomatoes Medium, peeled and chopped
- 2 pieces Onion Medium, chopped
- 2 pices Carrot Medium, diced
- 2 pieces Potatoes Medium
- 1 tbsp Tomato paste
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Black pepper
- 250 ml Hot water
- 5 tbsp Olive Oil Or sunflowe roil
- Heat olive oil in a large stock pot over medium high heat.
- Add onion and sauté about 2 minutes until it softens.
- After 2 minutes add tomato paste and sauté it for about 1-2 minutes.
- Lower the heat, add runner beans, salt, pepper, carrots, give it a good mix and sauté for another 5 minutes over medium heat.
- After 5 minutes add potatos, tomatos and 250 ml HOT water
- Close the lid and cook for 25-30 minutes.
- After 25-30 minutes, check if the runner beans are done.
- If runner beans are done, turn the heat off and wait approx. 30 minutes to get the max. taste of the stew.
I tried it yesterday and loved it. My GF is from Turkey and cooked it for me😎
Thank you for the recipe and video.
Thank you for your comment. Bon Appétit.🙂