Anyone who has ever been to Turkey, must have seen that red lentil soup recipe is one of the most popular soup recipes in Turkey. I am also a big fan of Turkish soup recipes and red lentil soup is also one of my favorites. The good thing is that you can enjoy this soup all year round.
I guarantee you that this vegan lentil soup recipe will be one of your favorites.
Ingredients (4 servings)
- 1 cup (200 – 250 gr) red lentils
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 potato
- 1 large carrot, peeled and diced
- 1 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1,5 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Pinch of ground chile powder or cayenne, more to taste
- 1,5 liter water
- 4-5 tablespoon olive oil
- Juice of 1/2 lemon, more to taste
- Wash the lenses 4-5 times with cold water to remove the strength, otherwise there will be no soup, but porridge.
- Peel the potato, the carrots, the onions and the garlic and cut as small as possible.
- Boil the water and place vegetables, lentils, salt, pepper and broth in the pot.
- Simmer with lid on at low heat for 1/2 hour.
- Stir in more often, so that the lenses do not attach to the pot soil. If the soup is too thick (sometimes depends on the starch content of the potato and the lenses), gently add some water. It should definitely become a slight, creamy soup.
- After half an hour over medium heat, add the tomato paste and herbs. Cook the soup for another 5-7 minutes.
- Stir the soup with the hand blender and season again with salt and pepper.
Visit my YouTube Channel for the video.