Turkish pogaca recipe. These delicious cheesy dumplings are an indispensable part of turkish breakfast. If you visit Turkey, you will find them in every bakery shop. People in Turkey enjoy them with a glass of turkish black tea. You can find them with different fillings. Feta cheese with parsley, kashkaval cheese, potatos, olives etc.
Today I would like to show you the turkish pogaca recipe with feta cheese and turkish kashkaval cheese filling. They are absolutely delicious straight from the oven, but they also keep well for a few days.
Ingredients (3-4 servings)
- 200 – 250 gr organic flour
- 150 gr yoghurt
- 50 ml sunflower oil
- 1 egg
- 100 gr kashkaval chesse/gouda cheese
- 20 gr of parsley
- 50 gr of feta cheese
- 1 pack(15 gr) of baking powder
- 1 egg yolk
- Chop the parsley and mix it with cheese.
- Preheat the oven to 160 C / 320 F
- In a large Bowl, combine sunflower oil, yoghurt, egg and mix. You can use hand mixer.
- Add baking powder, salt, 200 gr organic flour and mix again…
- Keep kneading the mixture and adding flour gradually until you have a smooth dough.
- Make balls of dough about the size of an apricot.
- Press the balls down on a lightly floured surface to flatten them.
- Put a small amount of your chosen filling in the center. Fold the circle in half over the filling so the edges come together and pinch them closed very gently.
- With a brush, coat the top of each roll with egg yolk.
- Bake in a 320 F/160 C oven until the rolls puff up and the tops turn a golden brown.
- Serve it while still warm with a cup of tea.
Our pogacas are ready and I will enjoy them with my favourite game “League of Legends“.
You can visit my Youtube-Channel for the preparation videos.
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #the_vegetarian_hannibal
For more vegetarian recipes click here!
For vegan recipes, click here!