Pumpkin season has officially started and I would like to share with you this absolutely delicious, creamy vegan pumpkin soup recipe.
The pumpkin returns to front porches, rear gardens, and kitchen worktops when the weather cools, the leaves fall, and autumn approaches.
It’s pumpkin season in America.
One cup of cooked pumpkin (250 grams) contains (approx.):
- Calories: 49
- Fat: 0.2 grams
- Protein: 2 grams
- Carbs: 12 grams
- Fiber: 3 grams
- Vitamin A: 245% of the Reference Daily Intake
- Vitamin C: 19% of the RDI
- Potassium: 16% of the RDI
- Copper: 11% of the RDI
- Manganese: 11% of the RDI
- Vitamin B2: 11% of the RDI
- Vitamin E: 10% of the RDI
- Iron: 8% of the RDI
- Small amounts of magnesium, phosphorus, zinc, folate, and B vitamins.
Let`s start to prepare our delicious vegan pumpkin soup!
Ingredients (5-6 servings):
- 1 kg (35 ounces) pumpkin
- 200 ml vegan cooking cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 liter water
Which Toppings to use on Vegan Pumpkin Soup?
You can use sunflower seeds, vegan parmesan cheese, roasted pumpkin seeds, or croutons.
- Cut the pumpkin into small pieces.
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add the onions and sauté for 5-6 minutes until they soften.
- Add pumpkin, salt, and black pepper and sauté for another 5 minutes
- Add water and cook for 15 minutes until they soften.
- Add vegan cooking cream and puree the mixture with a hand blender.
Your delicious vegan pumpkin soup is ready.
You can enjoy your delicious pumpkin ginger soup as a healthy, plant-powered dinner with your favorite bread.
How to store the pumpkin ginger soup?
The pumpkin ginger soup will keep for up to 3 days in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Other pumpkin recipes you might also like:
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #the_vegetarian_hannibal
For vegetarian recipes click here!
For more vegan recipes, click here!
HIstory of pumpkin.