Lentil Bread Recipe | Flourless and Gluten-Free Bread Recipes
I know how difficult it is to stop eating bread. This flourless and gluten-free lentil bread recipe will allow you to give up bread forever. Your body will thank you.
Did you know that bread is addictive?
Scans of the brain have consistently shown that foods high in carbs, such as bread, pastries, sweets, and chocolate, light up the same reward centers in the brain as substances like alcohol and cocaine. Dopamine, a neurotransmitter, is the main catalyst for addictive behaviors.
What happens when you stop eating bread?
When you stop eating bread, your body will undergo several changes. Here are some possible outcomes:
- Weight loss: Bread is a carbohydrate-rich food that can contribute to weight gain if consumed in excess. If you stop eating bread, you may reduce your overall calorie intake, which can lead to weight loss.
- Improved digestion: Some people are sensitive to gluten, a protein found in wheat, barley, and rye, and may experience digestive issues such as bloating, gas, and abdominal discomfort. If you are one of these people, you may find that your digestion improves when you stop eating bread.
- Increased energy levels: Bread is a source of carbohydrates, which provide energy to the body. However, consuming too many refined carbohydrates can lead to blood sugar spikes and crashes, which can cause fatigue. If you replace bread with other whole foods that are rich in complex carbohydrates, such as fruits, vegetables, and legumes, you may experience more sustained energy levels throughout the day.
- Improved blood sugar control: As mentioned above, consuming too many refined carbohydrates can cause blood sugar spikes and crashes. Over time, this can lead to insulin resistance and type 2 diabetes. If you stop eating bread, you may improve your blood sugar control and reduce your risk of developing these conditions.
It’s worth noting that the specific effects of stopping bread consumption may vary from person to person, and may depend on individual factors such as overall diet, health status, and lifestyle habits.
Let us start tpprepare this delicious flourless and gluten-free lentil bread recipe.
Flourless and Gluten-free Lentil Bread Recipe
- 2 cups Red lentils
- 4 Eggs
- 1 cup Yoghurt
- 100 ml Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Chili flakes
- 100 g White cheese
- 1 pack Baking soda
- Cover the lentils with cold water in a large pot and let them soak for up to 24 hours
- Transfer the lentils in a large bowl
- Add yoghurt, eggs, salt, chili flakes, olive oil, baking powder and puree with a blender.
- Place the mixture in a greased bread pan, spread white cheese on it and bake for 25 - 30 minutes, or until golden brown.