How to make Potato Cheese Balls?
I mean really… Who does not like potato cheese balls? Cruncy on the outside, soft and cheesy on the inside. Delicious…
INGREDIENTS (3-4 servings)
- 500 gr (17 ounces) potatoes
- 1 egg
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 50 gr (1.76 ounces) cheddar cheese
- 50 gr (1.76 ounces) mozzarella Cheese
- 100 gr (3.52 ounces) breadcrumbs
- Peel and boil the potatoes. Please note that you may not use floury potatoes (suitable for making mashed potatoes).
- When the potatoes are done, mash them and set aside for 10-15 minutes.
- Add salt, 2 tablespoons flour, and mix.
- Now you can start to shape your potato cheese balls.
- Use an ice cream scoop or a spoon to scoop out about 2 tablespoons of potato then pat into a round patty. Cup your hand, place a cube of cheese inside, bring the potatoes up and around the cheese to cover making sure that potato surrounds all of the cheese.
- Transfer the egg, 2 tablespoons of flour and milk onto a plate and mix. Place the breadcrumbs on another plate.
- Use your hand to pick up a ball and roll it in the mixture with egg. Use your left hand to roll it around until it’s coated. Repeat the process in the breadcrumbs.
- Unfortunately, the next step is to fry the potato cheese balls. I do not want to share with you “unhealthy” dishes, however, the recipe tells us to fry. Can the potato cheese balls be baked? I have tried it and unfortunately the taste has not been very satisfying. I do not recommend it.
- Heat cooking oil / sunflower oil over medium heat and fry them 3-5 minutes or until golden brown.
Your potato cheese balls are ready to enjoy 👌
Serve it with hot chili sauce or garlic sauce.
Bon Appétit 😊
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #the_vegetarian_hannibal
For more desserts, click here!
For more vegetarian recipes click here!
For vegan recipes, click here!
Are you looking for another potato recipes? Click here!