Are you looking for a creamyyogurt recipe? In this post, I will give step-by-step instructions on how to make yogurt at home.
Is yogurt good for you?
Yogurt is a good source of calcium, which is good for your bones. It also contains probiotics, which help to maintain a healthy gut bacterial balance.
Greek yogurt consumption has been linked to lower blood pressure and a reduced risk of type 2 diabetes.
Please buy your milk from a farmer, not in a supermarket.
For this creamy yogurt recipe you only need two ingredients:
- 3 tablespoon yogurt
- 2 liters milk
- Transfer the milk in a large pot.
- Bring it to a boil. Reduce the heat and cook it for 5-10 minutes over LOW heat.
3. As the milk has to cool very slowly, cover the pot with a towel or blanket etc.. DON`T CLOSE THE LID.
4. After 45 minutes, check with your finger if the milk is warm. It may not be cold or hot.
5. If the milk is warm, add 3 tablespoon of yogurt and give it a good mix.
6. DON`T CLOSE THE LID. Close the pot with a strainer or somthing, that has holes. The mixture has to be able to breathe.
7. Cover the pot with 2 towels and wait 24 hours.
Your creamy yogurt is ready. This is how to make yogurt at home.